Thursday, May 23, 2013

He Sees You

As a young girl, I remember my mom counseling me to learn as much as I can from every experience in my life so that I can be useful to the Lord someday. She taught me that there are lessons everywhere and that I could choose to take those lessons and let them make me a more insightful and understanding person.

I have learned some valuable lessons over the years.

Lately,  I have felt the Savior whisper to me, "I have more for you to learn."

I have felt impressed to "be still" while observing, listening and learning from the people He has been placing in my life.

If you look carefully in this video, you might see me up on the balcony with the Savior and His apostles as He paid attention to a woman no one else even bothered to recognize. He saw her heart. He saw her spirit and He loved what He could see in her. Then, as the Master Teacher, He showed her unto His apostles. That's what He has been doing for me lately - showing me the greatness in the people around me and pointing out the lessons those people can teach to me.

In the world's view, this woman looks pretty worthless. The Savior, thankfully, sees things oh so differently. His view of things is so much more complete and whole. He sees the entire person.

Of course He does - He made us.

A builder doesn't just see the outside of the home. He sees the inside structure as well. Even more, the builder sees the internal workings of that home - wiring, plumbing, every nail and every beam. He sees clear to the blueprints. He knows that structure from start to finish. Moreover, he also knows what went into building that structure - the sore thumbs, the tireless hours of hard labor, the misread plans that had to be torn down and built again, the excitement when the hard work started paying off and the improvements still needing to be done. Everything! He sees it all!

So the Master Teacher is also the Master Builder. This Master Builder has been showing me some of his greatest work lately and without His perspective, I would probably miss out on the true greatness surrounding me.

More than anything, He has been showing me courage. Did you know that courage is part of the building materials He uses to build us? It is.

I have witnessed beautiful, powerful, life changing courage. Courage to make hard decisions. Courage to forgive terrible wrongs. Courage to get out of bed and face the scorn of others. Courage to have faith even when it looked as if not even faith would do the trick. Courage to say what needs to be said and the courage to hold one's tongue. Courage to give everything to Him. Courage to live one more day when one's heart just wants to stop because of the pain. Courage to try something new. Courage to comfort others when sadness is in one's own heart. Courage to turn away from temptation. Courage to start over with nothing. Courage to swallow one's pride and admit mistakes. Courage to abandon bad habits and addictions. Courage to let others see what is in one's heart. Courage to endure great physical pain. Courage to ask for help. Courage to let someone help. Courage to be honest. Courage to say no. Courage to say yes. Courage to do the little things that make a great difference on a daily basis. Courage to trust His plan. Courage to talk about Him when it is just not popular to do so. (Wowsers! I keep adding to this list! I have learned so much. You are all amazing!)

Courage!

I don't think courage means that one does not have fear. The Savior has actually been teaching me that courage is trusting Him and following Him, especially when one is afraid. The wonderful part is that fear and love cannot exist in your heart at the same time. When we let His love truly fill our hearts, the fear will leave.

 I think He is very qualified to teach us about courage and how love can conquer fear.

Watch this video. It will only take 4 minutes and 45 seconds more of your day - that's not too long when you consider the subject matter of this video. I know it is hard to watch but it is the truth and we need to see it. As you watch Him, notice His courage and how He faces His ordeal. Listen to the words He has the courage to say in those painful moments. Let yourself feel the truth that His courage was born of love for you, forgiveness for your choices and because He knows you clear to your blueprints. Let yourself feel the truth that because of His courage in the face of great pain - physical, emotional and spiritual - He knows when you display courage and He knows how deeply you had to dig within yourself to find that courage and He is so pleased with you. He knows.

Has there ever been greater courage before or since?

Do you sometimes feel like the widow in the first movie? Giving all you can but knowing it is not much and wondering if anyone recognized the courage and faith of your efforts? I have felt that way before. Here is what I have learned: the One who knows your heart sees you and loves you. In addition, those who are willing to "be still" and watch with Him, see you as well. Your greatness can be seen by those with the spiritual eyes to see the truth about you - the eternal truth about you.



 I have seen the eternal truth about many people lately. 
Thank you for your examples of courage and faith. 
I will never be the same.

One question remains...do we see Him as much as He sees us?




I had wanted to put this quote in the post somewhere but it just wasn't fitting anywhere. But I still feel like it needs to be shared. I'll just add it to the end here. It is one of my favorites. :)

 “Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...